As SD-WAN interest and adoption continues to grow, IT organizations want to know more about the interoperability options as part of building out an SD-WAN ecosystem.
This week at the Fall Open Networking User Group (ONUG) event, taking place November 3-5 at New York University, Silver Peak will conduct a six-vendor interoperability demo showcasing the power and flexibility of our Unity EdgeConnect SD-WAN solution. This is being done as part of a first-ever ONUG SD-WAN Proof of Concept (PoC) Demonstration at the ONUG event.
The Silver Peak ONUG demonstration showcases a real-world SD-WAN deployment scenario that includes the use of popular infrastructure, security and cloud solutions from Nutanix, Infoblox, Zscaler, Pluribus, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). With these added options for building an SD-WAN, Silver Peak is capable of creating the most agile broadband WAN that also powers industry-leading performance improvements to any form of connectivity.
Here’s a breakdown of what each of these partner companies bring to Silver Peak’s EdgeConnect SD-WAN ecosystem:
- Nutanix – delivers invisible infrastructure for next-generation enterprise computing by integrating storage, compute and virtualization into a turnkey hyperconverged solution. The combination of Nutanix and Silver Peak EdgeConnect virtual appliances provides customers even faster ROI, greater flexibility and simplified SD-WAN deployments across data centers, regional hubs, and branch offices.
- Infoblox – provides integrated and centrally-managed DNS, DHCP, and IP address management (DDI). The Infoblox DDI solution helps to reduce the amount of time it takes to deploy network services to remote sites. Silver Peak Unity EdgeConnect DHCP and DNS forwarding supports centralized Infoblox deployments (in either a data center or regional hub) enabling centralized, scalable management of DDI services and is transparent to end-users and applications.
- Zscaler – enables users to access the Internet securely by scanning all incoming and outgoing traffic between the EdgeConnect appliances and the Internet to identify and block potential threats and to protect intellectual property.
- Pluribus – delivers Netvisor, a bare-metal, distributed network hypervisor operating system that converges compute, network, and storage. Silver Peak’s virtualized EdgeConnect, deployed on Netvisor, offers native integration of WAN and DC network virtualization, allowing administrators to flexibly define and manage network flows in a multitenant environment that provides always-on network analytics, deep packet inspection and logging.
- Amazon Web Services – enables customers to extend a Silver Peak SD-WAN footprint into the cloud and extend the SD-WAN fabric into new geographies where an organizations physical site may not exist.
Silver Peak is among 16 vendors conducting PoC demonstrations as a part of the Virtual Networks/Overlays and SD-WAN working groups, each of which completed product feature verification testing earlier this year. The focus of these demonstrations is to showcase the working group use case top requirements, functionality, integration, and operability as vendor companies collaborate to address market needs.
This is definitely an exciting milestone as we get to show how we have taken our EdgeConnect solution to the next level, enabling customers to build a broadband WAN that interoperates with industry-leading networking, infrastructure, and Internet security technologies.
If you’re not attending the ONUG event, don’t worry. We will soon post a video of this industry-leading interoperability demo.